Culture24’s Connect10 competition is back for 2015, with a difference: now renamed Connect! it involves 30 venues competing to win 6 artists.
The public vote will run from May 1-16, and winners will be announced at the end of the May Museums at Night festival. Connect! events will take place during the autumn Museums at Night festival on October 30-31.
All 6000+ UK arts and heritage venues on Culture24’s database are warmly invited to enter the competition to win a top contemporary artist and a £3000 financial subsidy for their Museums at Night event!
The 2015 Connect! artists are:
- Graffiti artist Pure Evil
- Painter, sculptor and photographer Yinka Shonibare MBE
- Photographer and filmmaker Gillian Wearing
- Performative installation artist Alinah Azadeh
- Paper-cut and projection artists Davy and Kristin McGuire
- Multidisciplinary artist Luke Jerram
Read the artists’ statements and the type of events they’d like to put on at venues for Museums at Night in October 2015.
Want to take part?
For more information and downloadable resources, please click through to the new Museums at Night website: http://museumsatnight.org.uk/news/how-to-apply-for-connect-2015/
The Connect! competition is supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.